Thursday, March 02, 2006

Memories....like the corner of my mind...tear...

So in response to Yudai, I am posting a couple of pictures from my last night in Japan. What a fun, fun night. I had no idea that so many people would show up to say good bye to me. These were the people that stayed around until the last minute.

Back row: Tomo, Ty, Momoru, Mitsuru
Front row: Jin, Natsumi, Yours Truly, Joanna, Mary

This is our cheesy school picture.

This is the picture that I cannot explain. Maybe I need some help from weird Japanese things explained??


My last few days were super fun. We went on the snow boarding trip the week before. We had so much fun during the day and then hanging out at night. We were able to have so many good conversations. I learned a new game that I thought would be dumb, but was way fun.

Saturday, I got to see the older children in the best production of Peter Pan I have ever seen. I am not even kidding. I have no idea how the teachers were able to get the kids to do this. They had costumes and sang songs and danced and remembered lines. It was all in Japanese, but probably the most pure entertainment I had in Japan.

That night, Mrs. H. made dinner for our house, the R house and Eddie. We ate breakfast food, my favorite. Then I was super encouraged by everyone sharing fun stories and making me sound better than I actually am. Then I was able to share what I had learned from them. Way cool.

The next day there was a 5 year old birthday party for Big J. Wow, there are so many cute Japanese kiddos. They had so much fun. The moms and some of the dads came. The adults even played a game. Big J got the coolest toys. Every thing lights up and changes color or shoots something. It must be super fun to be a 5 year old boy.

That night was when so many of the students came over to say good bye. I barely knew most of them. But they came. I praise the Lord for their friendship. What a fun group of people.

No comments: