Saturday, March 25, 2006

It is coming...

So, I do promise a real blog about what my life is like here, how I am doing, how the job hunt is going and all that goodness. HOWEVER, I am waiting for one letter to reach one person on a certain island in Asia. What fun is it for her to get a letter if I have already told her everything on my blog. No fun right, so no fun for you too. :)

But I will make a list of things I had to go to Arizona to learn:
  • I knew it was going to be hot, but yesterday it was 85 degrees. It is March.
  • The sun makes a huge difference. This is a desert. When the sun goes down it cools off. There isn't the moisture in the air to hold on to the heat: dress in layers.
  • The sun is strong: yesterday when I was driving from point a to point b, got some sun on my left arm only. Note to self: invest in sunscreen.
  • Iowa does not have traffic. We don't know anything about traffic. Traffic is crazy go nuts here.
  • It is going to take me a while to get used to this lack of season business. I keep thinking that it is summer. I think the combination of it being 80 degrees and not having class is really throwing me off.
  • I am not as adventurous as I thought. I need a support system to make a complete fool out of myself.

That is all for now. I am sure there will be more to come. In the meantime enjoy more pictures of my niece! One day old here!

5 comments:

Joanna Kay said...

ha ha!! I win! Everyone must suffer because the Japanese post is slow. I am the certain someone on a certain island in Asia. woo woo!!!

Joanna Kay said...

one more thing... You have a cutie cousin and you may love her a lot no doubt but when your sister Megan has her first baby you will realize there IS NOTHING compared to being a real Auntie. It's like your own child but without pain... ha ha! Have fun with the cutie! Makes me miss Leni!

Anonymous said...

I love baby noses and baby toes.

Kelli B said...

I totally agree with Jo - my niece is the BEST! It's so great....I love babies.

Angie said...

holy protests in phoenix batman! stay out of their way, hols!

also, congrats on the interview, hopefully it went well, even if it's just practice.

also, i have 4 nieces. (and 3 nephews) beat that ladies!! one of them is even kinda named after me.

also, i have a papercut on my index finger which makes it very painful to type r's and t's.

also, it's 5:45 am and not only am i still awake, i haven't gone to bed yet. hence the alsos.