Thursday, March 30, 2006

Busy "Work" Day

Today was possibly the busiest and most interesting day of my job hunt. I started off the day with an interview at a hospital downtown. I was not sure how long it would take me to get there because of traffic. So left a little after seven for my nine o'clock appointment. I arrived about ten to eight.

The hospital has a little coffee shop in it, so I decided to get myself some coffee and a little breakfast, seeing as I had skipped it this morning. While I was enjoying my fruit and yogurt cup, and reading some Exodus, I got a phone call. The hospital that I had an interview with last week was calling me back for a second interview.

When I went for the interview at the current location, it went well. I enjoyed the nurse manager, and knew that if I were offered a position there it would make my decision all that more challenging.

On my way back from the interview I noticed that I had a voicemail. The voicemail was from a man at a hospital that I had applied to, but had not heard back from yet. I didn't have time to call him back because I was going to my Aunt's work for lunch.

When I got back, there was a message on the phone from the hospital that I had interviewed with on Tuesday. When I called back, I learned that they were officially offering me a position.

After lunch I had a phone interview with another downtown hospital. It went well and we scheduled an interview with the nurse manager for next week.

I has missed a call when I was on the phone for the interview. It was the hospital that I interviewed with in the morning. They were also offering me a position.

So... to keep track of the numbers for you there...

2...interviews
2...interviews currently scheduled for next week
1...interview to be scheduled for next week
2...job offers

I have to say, I am blessed. Wow. Being decisive would be a good quality trait to have right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me to proud!! I love you!!

Kelli B said...

Yay Hollster! That's awesome!!!

Are you going to continue to interview or take one of the job opportunities? Any seem better than others?

WOW! God is the Provider of all things. Congrats, and keep us posted on "Nurse Holly"'s job status!