Friday, January 06, 2006

You say it's your birthday?!

The day started off great! Joanna and I slept in and then I made us some French toast. Yummy!

Then, we heard this noise that we did not recognize. It was the door bell! I looked outside and there was a truck. Then, Joanna walked in with a package from RACHEL!!! She sent us our very own package and it came on my BIRTHDAY! How great is that? Rachel, you will probably read this before you get your letter, so thank you very much and I will save everything else for the letter.
After we basked in the glory of the present Rachel had sent us, I headed off for Tama Center. I had been wanting to go explore for a while, so the day warrented that trip for me. I looked around a few stores and then met up with Joanna at the Starbucks. Seriously what is a birthday without your favorite coffee beverage.

We checked out the Uni Clo and then headed back home. Uni Clo is kind of like the Gap or Old Navy in Japan.

At home we got ready for the evening and Joanna finished the present she had been faithfully working on.

At 4:15 we started on our treck towards downtown Tokyo. We had a little bit of walk and then several trains to catch. One of the students met us at the first stop. That was a huge blessing because she showed us the rest of the way. We met up with the rest of the students in downtown.

Eddie, a midtermer like Jo serving in downtown Tokyo, picked out a place to eat. It was called Christon. It was a resturaunt decorated like a gothic church. It was actually kind of cool. We ate with some of the students. Megume (sorry about the spelling, I am sure it is not correct) gave me a card that was a puzzle-very cool.Megumi, Joanna, Birthday Girl

Takayasu, Mitsuru, Tomo
Dinner, Oishi! (That means yummy)
Woo Hoo! Puzzle

We then found a place to do karaoke. Japanese students are very serious about karaoke, and by serious I mean, serious about havin fun! We tried to go to one place, but the students said it was expensive and they would not let Joanna bring in her surprise. So, we headed for another location.

I'm not sure if they would have let Joanna bring in her surprise or not, but it did not matter, because she put it in her purse. Yes, her purse. It made a huge chocolate mess. Mind you, I am not allowed to know what the "surprise" is at this point.Jo Jo worked so hard on this cake, isn't it pretty?

She even rememberd to bring candles?

Karaoke is SO much fun. The students really get into it. It was almost as fun to watch them sing as it was to sing myself. Way fun. Enjoy the pictures for yourself. What a night!

1 comment:

Angie said...

hooray for your package! it's so great that it came on your birthday!! those pictures of you guys airborne are so awesome! that'd better be your facebook picture when i hack into jess's account here in a minute.