Monday, January 09, 2006

So, my Jo Jo has left me. I am by myself for a few days in Japan. Tear. Not only am I alone, which actually I am ok with, but I have succeeded in turning off the heaters in the two rooms I spend the most time in. Let me clarify. You can turn off the heater and you can apparently turn off the heater so that it doesn't come back on. I have done the later. I can't even read sweet potato in Japanese. Yet, I am too embarassed to call the family I nanny for and tell them what has happened. I guess I will be cold until I loose my pride. Praise the Lord for my electric blanket. Woo Hoo!

Plus, Joanna has me completely figured out. I started this book a couple of days ago. It is the second in the series to the book I had raved about so much before. Mind you, I am already a day behind on my study plan that I created only a week ago. I told Joanna that I would have lots of time to study and get caught up while she is gone, but she told me I would have the two books done before she got back. It is Monday night and I am finished with the first. Do I dare start the second.

Oh, on a fun note. I totally got to bake with Lil J today. It was so much fun. She is super cute. Too bad she didn't eat her supper. She didn't even get to try our great creation!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,silly girl! Suck in your pride, turn on your heater, and read the second book! "You deserve a break today!" Good job baking with Julia, just don't let her eat the cake like you did on your birthday! :) Was hers as pretty as yours? Don't be too lonely without Joanna...this is the day that the Lord has made...rejoice and have a date with Jesus. Did you hear that IA beat IL in men's BB?! Yippee-doo! Go Hawks! It was Illinois's first loss! You two can still cheer from halfway around the world! I am praying for your night's rest...may it be sweet. Love you, Holly!

Kelli B said...

Holly, what books are you reading? im curious...

JessS said...

HOLLY!

Anonymous said...

hey holly! i didn't know you were going to japan! but now i have read your entire blog and i am SO glad you are there and having so much fun! how long will you be there?

i understand your lack of heat- went through that once! blankets are KEY! weeeeeee! let me know how i can be praying for you!
LOVE YOU sister!

JessS said...

holly!

post more.

also i thought you would be interested to know that when i posted this comment my "word verification" word was:

ooogckha

which looks to me like:

ooogachaka

because i'm hooked on a feelin'