Sunday, June 04, 2006

No date!

Ok, so I have this rule that I will give a guy the chance at one date. But, I figured it is my rule, so it is ok for me to break it.

So I gave this guy my HOME phone number so that I didn't have to worry about him having my cell. This is a good thing. So he called and I was not there and then I called back and he did not answer. Then he called back, and I have not called him back. I know that I should call him back and tell him that I just don't want to go. I have this weird feeling about it. And I don't think I should go. So, I am not going to. But, I am being a jerk in the process. I will call him back, but I will not go on a date. If he wants to hang out with a bunch of people, I suppose that would be ok. I just don't think a date with this guy would be a good thing.

On the other hand, I got to hang out with one of my coworkers and her sister this weekend. It was very cool. We went to an arcade type place. Played some lazer tag, dance dance revolution, air hockey, and spent some time in the batting cage. I actually did not completely strike out this time. It was great. Not to mention the fact that I put in a token for one of the cages and it just never stopped. Seriously, I put in the token and it just kept going and going. We all took a turn at it and then handed off the bat and helmet to some kid. I have no idea when it actually stopped. Perhaps it is still going.

Then on Saturday night I went to a party with some of my aunts friends. It was fun. They are a nice group of people. All of them are in the car business, so it is funny to hear them talk about it. I told my aunt that I don't have to be part of the car business, because I have and will continue to learn all about it if I hang out with her and her friends.

So that was my weekend. Oh, and my cousin left for Europe. I am totally jealous. The only time I have spent in Europe was in the London airport.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A message from your dorky "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" friend:
Yay.

Kelli B said...

wow. Crazy! Life is crazy.

Okay Holly, well I did not connect two and two when i heard you were moving to Phoenix! But my friend Emily is amazing!!! I actually ate dinner with her just last night, she is done with 2 years of Edge at ASU, and now she is going to stay on as Intern staff for 2 years. She seriously is one of the most amazing, pretty, beautiful in character, funny, and genuine people I have ever met. she is awesome.

Anyways...she will be back down on campus next month - i think she's starting up again in July. I dont know her address yet, as she's moving to her own apartment when she returns, but I can give you her email or phone number if you want it.

She is so great. I hope you can connect somehow! :) If not, maybe it'd just be good to have an acquaintance in the area. Or maybe join up with what they're doing on campus? I dont know what that looks like in your life - i'm just brainstorming. :)

Talk to you soon!

Joanna Kay said...

Ditto Kelli B. l've never met Emily but l've had the lovely opportunity to talk with her via email and she is defintely a kindred spirit.
What a beautiful woman of God. She is a precious friend of mine and l look forward to the day l can meet her. (hee hee hee)
Love you both