Sunday, June 11, 2006

Back to PINK! Feelin' blessed.

So, I thought it was time to change up the template again, but when I looked I was simply drawn back to the pink. What can I say? It's me.

I have to say. I am feelin' blessed. I don't have life figured out or anything, but I feel like God just provides what you need when you need it.

A little over a week ago, I was invited to participate in a women's Bible study. The first one was this Wednesday. Blessing: my preceptor works Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Since I am in orientation, I only have to work 3 days. I had been working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, but I was able to switch over to Sunday, Monday and Tuesday without problems. I am able to go to Bible study! Woo hoo!

Wednesday night there were six ladies there including myself. I only knew one of those ladies. Blessing: even though I was invited into this group, it is not an already tight group of ladies. Actually most of the ladies only know one or two others in the group. We are all kind of on the same ground.

Blessing: all the women are in their twenties and there is a mix of married people and single people. Just because I am single does not mean that I don't want to spend any time with couples, but I certainly do not want to spend all of my time with couples. This also gives me the opportunity to hang out with women that are part of a "couple," with out their other half.

The night was not awkward. With so many strangers it could have been very strange. Blessing: even though most of these women were complete strangers, we have the common bond of Christ that allowed us to share deeply and safely on the first night of our meeting. It was refreshing. I have been craving friendship and depth and the beginning of it are right there.

The Word has been a blessing in general. I feel closer to the Lord than I have in a few weeks. Blessing: God is using so many things to draw my face towards Him: His Word, prayer, Bible study, music, experiences, blogs, phone conversations and more.

I AM blessed. Praise Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so great. Jeff gave a great sermon this morning at church and it really challenged me to look at my life and how I am using it for Christ. I realized that I am pretty stagnant right now and that's not okay. One thing that Jeff talked about was about being in the place that God desires you to be. This has left me in deep thought about where exactly God wants me to be in the fall. I haven't made any decisions, but I definately prayed more about it today than I really have in the past month. I am so excited that you got hooked up with these women and you get to share life with them. Yeah Godly women!