Saturday, June 17, 2006

Revelations, Reflections

As I was working on my Bible study tonight, I had a revelation.

Side note: it is Friday, Bible study is on Wednesday. I am not even going on Wednesday because my parents will be in town and it makes sense to spend time with the people that are spending just as much time traveling here as they will be spending time here. Not to mention the fact that I love them and am excited to spend time with them. I completed the third of five lessons. I feel like I need to drop out of procrastinators anonymous.

We are doing a Beth Moore study called "Living Beyond Yourself." It is a study on the fruits of the Spirit. Any how, the study was going through some of the roles of the Spirit and how it works in our daily lives. One of these roles is convicting us of sin, causing us to grieve it and then truly repent. The study also dove into the issue of how we grieve the Spirit by our sin.

As I was reading, I was convicted of sin in one of my relationships. And in this conviction, the Holy Spirit seemed to be speaking to me. The way I felt this person was treating me (my sin is my reaction to it) is exactly characteristic of some of the ways that I treat God. Wow. I wept. What an amazing and humbling way to be convicted! What a challenge it is to love in the way the Jesus loves me when I treat Him the same way.

3 comments:

Kelli B said...

Hey Holly.

My sister-in-law is doing that same study right now in her women's group - makes me want to do it after hearing about both your reactions to it!

Girl, i love your heart. You have a repentive heart - and God leads you into obedience often. It's fun to see!

Love your heart, Holly.

Kelli B said...

Holly - how do I prevent blisters from happening? if not to wear two socks, and i get them all the time? i have a 9 mile run tomorrow - yipes! And im afraid my feet will swell again before mile 2.

can you help? :)

Anonymous said...

Holly... you need to widen your spiritual studies... I can't believe you've sinned recently, maybe you'd have to go back to junior high before you'd find a sin worthy of grieving... We need to first define sin... Also, I don't quite understand your use of the term "spirit." Kinda sounds like something that walks and talks and speaks English... Again, you need to broaden your religious studies, move away from anything that tends to make you feel "guilty" ... More later...