Saturday, May 27, 2006

Two nights of fun...That might be too much.

Tonight I went to church with a friend of a friend. Last summer I was in Liz and Aaron Reasland's wedding and I met a woman named Stephanie. She is a good friend of Liz's from high school, and just happens to live in Phoenix now.

We had been trying to get together for a while. For some reason stuff just couldn't match up. Our original meeting was missed because I was having a car issue and she had something come up. Then she had company, and I had company and it just wasn't seeming to work out.

Well tonight it was great to get to meet her husband and some of her friends. I joined her at their church. It was pretty good. The message was relevant and intellectual. The music was good and it was an atmosphere where I felt free to worship. I am not sure if it is the church for me, but I will definitely give it more than one chance. I am really looking for a place that has something for people my own age, in my own situation. But, the idea of a singles group just makes me kind of cringe. I am not sure why.

Anyway, it was really nice to go to church and have someone to sit with. I know that seems trivial, but some weeks I don't want to try out a new church or even go because I know that I have to go by myself. It is a lot harder than I expected.

But this church is not an automatic no, and definitely one that I will check out more than once.

After the service we went out for pizza. It was another good time to have a real conversation. More than one real conversation actually. And it was really cool because Steph really understands where I am coming from. She was her by herself for a while before she got married and her husband moved down.

Watch out world. I am on a role. Two nights of fun in a row. Whew.

No comments: