Wednesday, February 01, 2006

EARTHQUAKE!

No, I'm not joking. Tonight I experienced my first earthquake. Obviously I survived, but it was slightly traumatizing to the parties involved. I had just put the kiddo's to bed. Mom and Dad H were on a date. They get to do that now that I am here. Big and Lil J had been angels all night. We had no problems. I'm checking the email and I feel this shaking feeling. It takes a few seconds to process, this is an earthquake. It takes less time to process: CRAP! THIS IS AN EARTHQUAKE AND I AM TAKING CARE OF TWO CHILDREN BY MYSELF AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW 911 IN JAPAN!

By the time I processed all this and was downstairs, Big and Lil J were already in the doorway. Poor Big J had this total look of fear on his face. I hugged both of them and the shaking stopped. Then he started to cry.

Praise the Lord. Nothing really happened, and everything was ok. Wow.

4 comments:

Kelli B said...

Oh man...my heart is pumping...

Was it a big earthquake? Did it hit the Rictor scale? IS everything okay?

Gosh, that's scary!!! My friend Hilary - you know her, Hilary Pepper - was in an earthquake down in Chile last spring semester. It was a BIG one, luckily she was not hurt. But it lasted for about 30 seconds (looong time) and the children in her classroom were frightened. Wow. What an experience.

Im hoping you are okay!!!
PS-You are totally capable of doing a great job as a care/sitter. Those kids are lucky you were with them. Im glad you were there.

Holly said...

It was not a big earthquake. I don't know anything about eh Rctor scale, but I think they might use a different scale her. At any rate, it was not that big, not that long. Everything is fine. Nothing even broke. No sweat. Just a couple Big J tears.

Angie said...

holy crap! did you feel the sky tumbling down, tumbling down?

did you break out in that song to make Big J feel better?

Kelli B said...

Wow. Im glad it wasnt serious!