Sunday, April 30, 2006

Spoiled

So the number one way I was spoiled was not having a job. Do you remember those summers before you had a job and all you had to do was sit around, except for it wasn't that great because you couldn't drive. Well, after I knew I had a job, and even before that to some extent, that is what my life was like. I slept in, watched TV, read everyone's blogs, made lunch, worked out, went shopping, looked at condos, etc. all day long. It was great. That doesn't happen so much now that I have a job. But, before I also had no income.

That was not such a big deal however. See, I live with my aunt. That has a variety of benefits. I don't pay rent. I don't pay utilities. And, on most occasions, I do not pay for food. We eat out most nights and weekends. I do pay for some groceries so that I can attempt to eat a well balanced meal at lunch. But, when you consider that the only other thing that you pay for is your cell phone bill. That sounds pretty good. This is also about to change however because I started paying for car insurance, the car I do have is starting to cost too much money for how old it is, and my 6 months grace period on my school loans is just about up. It is a good thing I have that job that is taking up all of my free time.

TiVo. A great way to be spoiled. I would tell you to get one, but I think that might also cause the demise in some of your most valued friendships. I love TiVo. It is the end of commercials, but with the end of commercials also comes the end to the conversation during them. But you can go out to eat and miss the first half of the program and no biggie.

I have my own bathroom. I have never had my own bathroom except for the short amout of time that I lived at buck fifty all by myself while Rachel was still in the UAE. This is also changing. My cousin is back for the summer. So far so good. It is really great to be able to talk to someone my own age. It is also good to go to church with her. We were able to talk about the service with her boyfriend Bobby and have a REAL conversation about something that means something. I am not saying that I don't have real conversations on a regular basis, but when I get the opportunity now, I am more thankful for it.

Closet. I think my closet that I have here is about one third of the size of Rachel's bedroom. I have to say, it is pretty great. Even though about a third of the things in the closet do not belong to me, it doesn't matter. There is still plenty of room to house all of my belongings.

Wireless internet. My cousin Brandon is a computer guru. He set up the wireless internet business before I got her. I can type on my computer and watch the TiVo at the same time or sit on my bed and blog. Isn't life grand.

I house sat for a lady my aunt knows. Not only did I get some much needed cash, I also am the beneficiary of her recent move. The woman wanted all new stuff for her new place. I cannot say that I blame her. New house, new stuff, it makes some sense. But, I do not have the funds to be buying all new things. The problem with that is that I don't have anything to begin with. Problem solved. I know that I am getting a coffee maker, microwave, dishes, bedding, and even a table and chairs set. Woo hoo! It is better than the Good Will.

Ok, I must go to bed. I have to work early in the morning. But, keep me accountable blog friends. I still need to tell you about how my job is going and the hard parts about being down here. You didn't think it was all good did you? I did want to start you off with the good stuff though. There is more good stuff. It is all yet to come.

And, if you are still reading, how do you feel about the layout change?

7 comments:

Joanna Kay said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Nice digs Holls! Sounds like God is really blessing you... sweet!

Angie said...

i like the brown layout. although it's not very superbrightspringtimeholly, i'm sure it's very everythingistanhereinarizona so i'm okay with it.

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I think I'm ready to move down there now!

Anonymous said...

The layout looks pretty good...except my friend Ambre just switched to the exactly same layout...its a bit disapointing in that way...
~Amanda

Anonymous said...

Well, read a few of your comments...pretty bland... would like to read about how you "really" feel about living the desert and in a metro of 3+ million?

Anonymous said...

Grandpa has a blog now? Dang I wonder if he will actually write on it.

Joanna Kay said...

Ohmygosh! That's your Grandpa? That's rocking! I love his testing one... how frickin' cute is that? Not as cute as Rachel but ya know, who could ever be that cute?