Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I don't have pictures

Ok. So I don't have a digital camera. The picture phone just does not do anything justice. So, I will have to borrow my aunt's digital camera someday. I just have to figure out how it works. I think it is also sitting in her office right now. She was right on top of technology and probably was one of the first people to have a digital camera. Unfortunately, that means that her camera takes disks, floppy disks. But, I will eventually get photos.

Phoenix
So far, I love Phoenix. If I am telling to truth I would have to say that it took a little time to get used to. When we first drove up it was at night. My aunt showed me her house and it is great. The front yard had rocks. That didn't really surprise me. All the yards had rocks. Then we went to the back yard. More rocks. I knew that it was coming, but it is kinda hard to sink in. You never realize how much grass and green and trees that aren't cactus make home feel like home.
When we were driving to Sedona with my uncle I really had the thought, "I knew there were cactus, I just didn't realize there were this many!" I know, I live in a desert I should know better.
That is not the only thing that doesn't quite feel like home as far as just looking around. The houses are completely different. Most are what we, Iowa people, would consider Spanish style. Stucco, tile roofs, and they are all painted desert colors which is basically some neutral shade.
But after a few weeks, you get kinda used to it.
I actually appreciate some of the achitecture and it is kinda one of those things where you start to notice the differences in some things that all looked the same. Side note: none of those houses are those houses are the house that I live in and I am probably violating some copyright law by stealing those from a real estate website.
The weather is beautiful. I have a membership to a gym, but sometimes I go for a walk to just enjoy the weather. Where I live is also beautiful. There is a man made lake and a park very close. There are palm trees and ducks and water features. It looks like a resort on most days. Which leads to my next point.

I am spoiled

....to be continued. I was distracted and I will finish this later, but I am not all talk. :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

touché