Monday, April 17, 2006

This tastes a little funny...

Last night my cousin and his wife came over for dinner. My aunt made a ham, green beans and mashed potatoes. It was all good. Very good, infact. After that we were sitting around and my cousin's wife joked about dessert. Just the day before, my aunt got a microwave rice cooker from Pampered Chef.

These are great. I don't know how well they cook rice or what it is like when you cook it. But get this: they make a cake in 9 minutes. No joke. It is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. You mix up a cake mix as the directions say, scoop in some can frosting, zap it for 9 minutes, let is cool a little, flip it on to a plate and presto cake.

Well, last night I thought: I can go get a cake mix and show them how great this is. Not to mention that I love cake.

When we were eatting it, it tasted a little funny. I thought it was the oil. It kind of had an old oil taste. I am familiar with this taste, because being a single lady it can take a long time to use up a bottle of oil.

After discusing it for a few minutes, my uncle says that the oil might have been recycled from cooking catfish. Seriously. Needless to say, we dumped the rest of the cake. I'm not sure when I will want to eat another microwave cake. Sick. Oh well. It was HILARIOUS!

2 comments:

Angie said...

oh man that's so gross! you ate catfish cake!

brent said...

that is so awesome. catfish cookin' oil...who says cake can't be out of the box? new flavor...channel cat. that made my day.