Thursday, December 29, 2005

I know where I am at!

So I have this bad habbit of not knowing where I am at. One time when I was in high school I visited a friend that had moved away from Des Moines. I drove there and still was not able to tell you what direction her town was from mine.

This has transfered to Japan. I live in Tokyo. Actually, I live in a western suburb of Tokyo. Only starting today could I tell you where that is. Hachioji. That is where I live. Please click on the name to see a map. You would be further a long than me only a few short hours ago.

The reason I now know where I live is that Joanna and I found our way home today. We were dropped off with very specific instructions on how to get home from the Omiya train station. Actually, we were not even quite at the station, but we were told that it was up on the left and we couldn't miss it. But by the Lord's grace, we made it home quickly and safely.

We only had one embarassing moment. The first train we got on was really nice. Joanna and I were thinking, this seems too nice. It was. We were in the first class car. To ride in the first class car, you need a special pass. This pass turns the small indicator light above you from red to green. I saw a man do this. I though, my light is red. This cannot be good. Shortly after a very nice attendant directed us to our proper car. No problem.

We got home. I know where I live. No sweat.

P.S. Picked up my passport from the police station on Monday. No problems. PRAISE THE LORD!

3 comments:

Kelli B said...

That's crazy!!!

I love your stories, Holly!

Anonymous said...

No Sweat! Word.

Angie said...

i need to know how to send mail to you. rachel tried to tell me but all i got was "c/o mark rood" which is the part that i already knew. i also already know the "japan" part and the "holly" part so if time or space is an issue, you don't need to tell me that stuff either. but you can if you're worried i'll forget.

i need some more hot seat after this week, it was good for my emotions last time. we need to have a hot seat group blog. dude. i'm on it. rachel is just going to have to suck it up and get a blog if she wants this long distance thing to work.