Friday, December 23, 2005

Not cool, really not cool, we are cool again.

So last night consisted of me realizing I didn't have my passport and ending up in jail.

Here is the story: I was in this cold room, that I am in now. It is cold. I mean really cold. So, I had my winter coat, hat, and gloves on. Then later on during the day I realized that I didn't know where my gloves were. NOT COOL. I started searching for them.

After going through all of my stuff I realized that I did not have the envelope that had my passport, ticket information on and all that jazz in it. REALLY NOT COOL.

My next thought is, maybe it is in the van. I was really tired and it could have fallen out without me knowing it. We call the H's, it is not in the van. REALLY NOT COOL. I am pretty much in panic state at this point. But I just said to the Lord, Lord you have this in control. I probably lost my gloves so that I could realize that I did not have my passport.

Mr. H and Mrs. H told me that since I had an e-ticket that losing that was not a big deal and the worst thing that would happen would be that I needed to replace my passport. We could do that at the embassy and that would not be as big of problem, because being the looser, yet thinker I am, I brought a color copy of my passport. We would go look for it at the Tama Center, where I got of the bus, after diner.

When we arrived we looked around, not there. REALLY NOT COOL. So we went to the police station to find out if they had it or not. Praise the Lord the police in Japan don't hate Americans and were doing their job. We filled out some paperwork, when I say we, I mean Mr. H because I don't speak or write Japanese, and Mr. H just asked me how to spell my name.

What seemed like the main officer called up the main police station. After "we" had finished filling out the paper work, the other police station called. They talked to Mr. H and PRAISE THE LORD, they had it. WE ARE COOL AGAIN.

So, I lost my passport, but it was found. Mercy.

1 comment:

Kelli B said...

WOW!

Im soooooooooooooooooooooooo
thankful holly!

I read that you spent the night in jail, and I LITERALLY almost peed my pants, because i thought you really spent the night in a jail cell!

Oh, Lord- thank you for finding Holly's passport!