Sunday, August 06, 2006

Mortgage?

I met with a mortgage lender on Friday. Nothing makes me feel more like an adult than talking about a mortgage. I was asked questions like what are my financial goals. Does this guy know that I have paid more in taxes this year than I have made most of the summers of working before this? It is crazy go nuts. And, Phoenix is crazy, and I do mean crazy when it comes to real estate. What it would cost me to by a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo could buy my parent's house in Iowa. My parents have a pretty nice house. I think that my mortgage (if I acquire one) will be more than my parents. Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway, I am in the process of prequalifying or preapproving or something. I feel like the guy is talking another language when I go in there. I will find out on Monday what the good/bad news is. I think I am still going to end up renting. I don't know if I want to live here in 3 years. I don't know if I want to live here in 18 months. I have decided that the cost of renting is fine if I consider the freedom it comes with.

Since when did buying a house become a real possibility? Weird!

2 comments:

Joanna Kay said...

I just read this yesterday, "By faith he (Abraham) went to live in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city that had foundations, whose designer and builder is God." Hebrews 11:9-10

What an exciting promise that no matter how we live, all this is fleeting. And our Home has been built by God. Be encouraged Holly, this is not "it". We have so much to hope in, Jesus is coming back for us. Seriously, just think about that, that is such a cool promise.

Anonymous said...

I tried to call you tonight...I think you got a new phone number. And you either didn't inform me, or you totally did, and I failed to make note of it anywhere in my mind or phone.