Friday, August 04, 2006

I Made It!

Well, I survived my first week off orientation. It was actually really good. I am so thankful to God for how well it went actually. I know that all weeks will not go that well. I can't explain it, but I had a peace that just does not make sense. My first night was actually kind of crazy. I admitted a patient that was not doing well. When the doctors came to see him they were trying to decide if they were going to keep him on my floor or send him to ICU. The doctors were wanting this and that and they wanted all of it NOW. They were asking me to do things that I had never done before. In fact, the few things that I did not get to do on orientation I did that first night. I had a great staff supporting me as well. Praise the Lord for excellent health unit secretaries.
The next couple of nights also went relatively smoothly. Nothing big, bad and scary happened. I am thankful for that as well. I don't know if this up coming week will go as smoothly, and I know that I am bound to have bad days, but this week was a true blessing.

No comments: