Saturday, May 19, 2007

Strange Creatures

Seriously. I do not understand what is going on. The last 24 hours have included a couple of creatures that have scared the daylights out of me. Yesterday afternoon I was sitting out by the pool. (Side note-LOVE AZ for the pool.) I got in to cool off and got out and was talking to a friend on the phone. I saw something in the pool that looked like a branch from a plant. Then I began to think that it was moving on an awefully lot. When I took a closer look I saw that it was a snake. There was a snake in the pool. Of course I had to take a picture. It was bright orange and about a foot long. Gross. Needless to say I did not get back into the pool.


Then, this morning I got on the 51 and I saw this creature through my window. Understand that I was going about 65 and this thing was still hanging on! I am pretty sure it was a grasshopper of some sort, but I am used to those being green. Then again, not much is green here.


I'm kind of frightened by what could pop up next.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm kind of frightened by how fast you were probably going when you took that close up photo of a grasshopper on your windshield wiper.

Unknown said...

SICK!!!!!!!!! Ok, what is going on in Phoenix? I leave you for one week and you've now got some sort of plague going on. gross! (side note-i did not get whitey's today out of respect for you, but i did by java house coffee beans for us to enjoy later). miss ya!