Friday, November 10, 2006

I Workout religiously

So, I was talking to one of my coworkers on the phone the other night. We were going to meet for dinner with another one of our coworkers at a Mexican restaurant. It was about 4 and we were meeting at 8. My thought was, I should work out so that I don't feel so guilty about what I am going to drink tonight. So I told my coworker that I needed to go so that I could work out. Here was the conversation:

Coworker: You work out?
Holly: Yes.
Coworker: Religiously?
Holly: No.

But you know what. I have been thinking about this since that conversation and really, I should have said yes. In many ways the way I work out is quite similar to the way I follow Jesus.

-As hard as I try, I can never be consistent.
-Sometimes I am super excited.
-It can be difficult.
-I know that it is good for me.
-There are times when I rebel.
-I get frustrated when I feel like I am not seeing results.
*Some days I have to kick myself hard and drag myself there, but afterwards, I am always glad I did.

So there you have it friends: I workout religiously.

2 comments:

Cate said...

I love you Ho-dig! I feel like this post is special rebuke for me on both counts! I love that you have such open accountability. You are the greatest. I will make all the time in the world for you when you are home in January. Birthday in Ia, huh? Love and miss you.

emily said...

Amen sister!