Sunday, September 16, 2007

What I like about Iowa...

*GREEN, and pink, purple, yellow, orange: landscaping that does not consist mostly of rock and plants that can survive 115 degrees.

*Dogs that have not seen me in months, and not only know who I am but are happy to see me.

*Cars not locked in the garage where the door is wide open.

*Walking outside after the sun goes down and the temperature being cooler.

*People walking around the neighborhood. I must have seen twenty people on my three mile round trip to the grocery store on Thursday night.

*Friends

*Meeting friend's babies!

*Customer service

*No traffic

*A plethora of Iowa fans! Go Hawks!

*Neighbors that not only know you, but will successfully chase down your naughty dogs for you.

*Strangers saying hello.

*My parent’s house and how there is always something new to discover about it. Let’s play the game “What has changed!”

*Feeling at home.

*The furniture in my parent’s family room and living room that says, “Grab a book and read on me.”

*LOCAL coffee shops, sorry Starbucks. I do still love you.

*Wearing shorts and a t-shirt and knowing that is ok pretty much anywhere I would want to go around these parts.

*The news had 5 minutes worth of people yodeling and other contest winners from the State Fair. AKA, not much bad stuff happens here.

*Cable TV! I know it is terrible, but sometimes you just have to soak in as much HBO original series and repeats of Law and Order and CSI as you can.

2 comments:

Joanna Kay said...

oh my stars. that picture is heinous. i miss you already. when are you coming to illinois again? ha ha ha!! Love you and loved seeing you. it was SUCH a blessing.

Anonymous said...

The dogs make it on the list but sister don't. That is disappointing. I love you anyway. ~Megan