Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Remember these?

So this summer, we bought some chairs that I was supposed to make slip covers for. We got a little bit delayed when the fabric had to be ordered, but we have had the fabric for months. I have also had a book checked out from the library so long that I think I have renewed it 3 times. I did not even know that was possible. I have no excuse. I have been lazy. I guess the one excuse I do have is that when I get the desire to work on this type of thing it is typically after midnight and not the most opportune time to be running a sewing machine.

Today I worked hard, friends. I have one chair that is completed except for the cushion and some finishing work. I worked on the thing for over 5 hours. Whew, but I have to say, I am pretty happy at how it has come out so far. So even though I did not shower until midnight, I am counting it as a productive day.





Top: original chair
Middle: Chair with cover and cushion that needs covered
Bottom: Chair with cover and without cushion

No comments: