Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas in July?

Not really, but it feels like it when you live in the desert. So, it is not hot and humid like it is in July in Iowa. But it is still in the 60's and 70's most days. This week it has been cooler though, like 50's. And it does it pretty cold in the morning. Like 30's. I didn't know that happened in Phoenix, but it does.

We have decorated for Christmas. Here are some of the pictures. One night I made this thing to hang up above our counter top. What can I say. Sometimes I don't sleep at night.
We bought these vases at Ikea. Actually, we bought most of these things at Ikea. Our plan is to change out the decorations with the seasons. Oh, and in the picture above you can see the medium sized ones on the shelves next to the tea pot.
Here they are in the dark.
We have these lights hanging on our balcony. I like them a lot. We never turn them off. I thought they might deter the pigeons, but I was completely wrong on that.


We have some more decorations, but the pictures didn't turn out that great in the dark. So we will have to take some more during the day. Stay tuned for more.

It doesn't really feel like Christmas. There is no snow. I can't complain. I love the weather, but it is really hard to get into Christmas when the weather is this nice.

4 comments:

Joanna Kay said...

Thank you for the post. I was SO excited to see some new pictures. Although once again you 86ed Rachel. I'm beginning to doubt her existence in Arizona. Can you post her lovely picture so I can print it off and kiss it every night before I go to sleep?

Anonymous said...

I promise, I do exist. I just hate having my picture taken so once I become a true Scottsdale like women (aka 15 plastic surgeries) I promise to remerge.

Angie said...

LOVE the star lights on the balcony! Good decorations!

emily said...

I love 60 and 70 degree weather in December!! Welcome to the south I guess! It feels weird doesn't it!?
I love the decorations...way to go on being festive! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE IKEA!!! We have one in Austin now, I just went the other day and could have spent all day there!