Friday, July 14, 2006

Fake toenail

Warning, this may gross you out. If you are easily grossed out, do not continue to read. This is my fair warning.

I had to have my big toenail on my left foot removed. It was infected. It had been infected for a while, and I had not done anything with it.

So last week I had it removed per the advice of my doctor. This will allow my nail to grow back fresh and healthy, or at least that is the point. So right now I just have this ugly looking place where a toenail should be. It is summer time and I would like to not have to wear closed toed shoes. Friends, here is my solution. I put a bandaid over it and painted a "toenail" on the bandaid. I think it is pretty cleaver. I don't think you would really notice if you weren't studying my toes, but if you look closely it looks like one of those fake nails you would wear as kids, the ones that were like thimbles that you put over the tips of your fingers. Yeah, rock on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that only took a year! Yeah for me because I am currently 7 hours into a 13 hour shift. My life rocks.

Kelli B said...

That is AWESOME holly! Hilariously necessary. I dont blame you - it's summer and you gotta go with flip flops and open toed shoes! I'm glad you found a creative solution! :)

Angie said...

i just showed that to jess and her mom. her mom is impressed. jess just reminded me that i'm not supposed to talk to her about your feet.

Anonymous said...

Your topic for July 14th was extraordinary... Believe me I'm fascinated by your feet, or at least your "foot"... Daring photograph... I wouldn't refer to your commentary as "silly," but it's certainly not profound... and where have you been since July 14th... How is your toenail coming along? Good, I hope.

Angie said...

you'd better be busy taking pictures and having fun adventures with megan to blog about.

Anonymous said...

I know this post is pretty old but this is an awesome idea! I have just been googeling fake toenails as i had my big one removed and i too want to wear sandals this year!
Haha anyway.. just discovred it doesnt work so well on material plasters as its only just absorbed all of the paint lol, but thats all i have to hand atm- shall have to get a hold of those plastic type ones instead!